- This event has passed.
Intro to FX Makeup with Tammy Neron
January 14 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm$50.00
This is our most popular workshop in the 7 years we have been hosting workshops! Special effects makeup is a fun and rewarding challenge. Whether you are a professional makeup artist or enjoy makeup as a hobby, this workshop is designed for everyone at all skill levels. Special effects makeup can be used for transforming a person into a creature/monster, older age, gore, injury and so much more. This workshop is taught by a professional makeup artist that can teach you the tips and tricks of the industry while practicing safely.
Tammy is a professional makeup artist that trained at Blanche MacDonald. Tammy specializes in FX and fantasy makeup. Tammy loves working in film, with her clients and loves to teach her specialized makeup skills!
This hands-on and demonstration workshop will cover:
- What is special effects makeup and why is it used
- What are the best brands to use, where to source them and how to take care of your kit
- Explore how to make quick and easy prosthetics
- Learn how to apply prosthetics and remove safely
- Learn the art of old-age makeup, realistic injuries and illusion makeup
- Practice making a cut and bruise on yourself
- Discuss how to use gel effects and stage blood
All skill levels are welcome. Please wear your crafting clothing due to makeup being used in this workshop. Please be aware latex may be used in this workshop. This workshop is $50 and is 2 hours.
All materials for this workshop will be supplied.
Students will receive a 10% discount on all makeup and makeup tools following the workshop.
Be sure to book early! Our workshops are taught in small groups. Each workshop has a minimum amount of students needed. If workshop does not meet that minimum by 72 hours before scheduled start the workshop will be cancelled or rescheduled. For all our polices please visit http://www.theatregarage.ca/