Intro to FX Makeup with Tammy Neron
April 14 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm$50.00
This is our most popular workshop in the 7 years we have been hosting workshops! Special effects makeup is a fun and rewarding challenge. Whether you are a professional makeup artist or enjoy makeup as a hobby, this workshop is designed for everyone at all skill levels. Special effects makeup can be used for transforming a person into a creature/monster, older age, gore, injury and so much more. This workshop is taught by a professional makeup artist that can teach you the tips and tricks of the industry while practicing safely.
Tammy is a professional makeup artist that trained at Blanche MacDonald. Tammy specializes in FX and fantasy makeup. Tammy loves working in film, with her clients and loves to teach her specialized makeup skills!
This hands-on and demonstration workshop will cover:
- What is special effects makeup and why is it used
- What are the best brands to use, where to source them and how to take care of your kit
- Explore how to make quick and easy prosthetics
- Learn how to apply prosthetics and remove safely
- Learn the art of old-age makeup, realistic injuries and illusion makeup
- Practice making a cut and bruise on yourself
- Discuss how to use gel effects and stage blood
All skill levels are welcome. Please wear your crafting clothing due to makeup being used in this workshop. Please be aware latex may be used in this workshop. This workshop is $50 and is 2 hours.
All materials for this workshop will be supplied.
Students will receive a 10% discount on all makeup and makeup tools following the workshop.
Be sure to book early! Our workshops are taught in small groups. Each workshop has a minimum amount of students needed. If workshop does not meet that minimum by 72 hours before scheduled start the workshop will be cancelled or rescheduled. For all our polices please visit http://www.theatregarage.ca/
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR WORKSHOPS
- Children under 12 years of age are not permitted to attend. Students 13 and 14 years of age must be supervised by are parent or guardian over 18 years old who must also purchase a ticket
- No refund once the workshop is booked. You can transfer your ticket to another student, please inform Theatre Garage.
- Late attendees to the workshop or no-shows will not be refunded
- Workshops must be paid in full to reserve a spot.
- No food in the workshop room. Only covered drinks are permitted.
- Please be aware of your workspace. Our instructors will go over the safety guidelines of tools and materials used. Theatre Garage is not responsible for any damage to personal tools, supplies and/or personal injury.
- Please check with instructor/other students if photos or videos are permitted during the workshop.