FX Makeup Three with Tammy Neron
October 9 @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pm MDT| $50
In this workshop students will explore the exciting application of foam prosthetics, bald caps and crepe hair. Foam prosthetics are light and more realistic then latex. They take more skill to make and use, but we are sure you will love the end result. If you have ever tried to apply a bald cap you know they are not always easy to smooth out and achieve clean edges. In this workshop the instructor will share the industry process of how to apply and finish bald caps for long wear and a realistic look. Crepe hair is one of the industries’ best kept secrets! It is inexpensive and is used for almost all body hair applications. Though it can be intimating to use for the first time, it is worth diving into for its fantastic results!
Tammy is a professional makeup artist that trained at Blanche MacDonald. Tammy specializes in FX and fantasy makeup. Tammy loves working in film, with her clients and loves to teach her specialized makeup skills!
This a demonstration workshop will cover:
- Discuss and explore when you should use foam prosthetics and why they are different from latex
- Which glue and remover is best depending on the use of foam prosthetics
- Learn what makeup works best with foam, how to apply and seal
- The instructor will demonstrate how to apply a latex bald cap, finish the edges and paint
- Discuss the different types of bald caps and when each type should be used
- Learn how to prepare and apply crepe hair
- Learn how to shape and cut crepe hair after application making hair look realistic
- Explore how to color crepe hair
All skill levels are welcome. We do prefer you have taken Intro to FX. Please be aware latex will be used in this workshop. This workshop is $50 and is 2 hours.
Be sure to book early! Our workshops are taught in small groups. Each workshop has a minimum amount of students needed. If workshop does not meet that minimum by 72 hours before scheduled start the workshop will be cancelled or rescheduled. For all our polices please visit https://www.theatregarage.ca/
Due to the nature of our workshops and for the safety of our instructors and students, to attend in-person each student must show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination.
We will offer a virtual option for our workshops for those you cannot comply with our safety protocol.
Our workshop room is a separate room from the retail side. We disinfect and clean daily. We will have hand sanitizer available. Masks are optional in the workshop room only.
Please inform us on your comfort levels and we will try to accommodate each student.
In-person workshops are for 14 years and older only.
No refunds after booking.
One person is attending FX Makeup Three with Tammy Neron