- This event has passed.
FX Makeup Level Three VIRTAL with Gaylynne Fell
November 29 @ 2:00 pm - 4:30 pm MST| $50
Gaylynne has been a professional makeup artist for over 20 years. Working in film, TV and Theatre as an IASTE member. She has also created and ran her own makeup line, The Makeup Art Space!
This a demonstration workshop will cover:
- Discuss and explore when you should use foam prosthetics and why they are different from latex
- Which glue and remover is best depending on the use of foam prosthetics
- Learn what makeup works best with foam, how to apply and seal
- The instructor will demonstrate how to apply a latex bald cap, finish the edges and paint
- Discuss the different types of bald caps and when each type should be used
- Learn how to prepare and apply crepe hair
- Learn how to shape and cut crepe hair after application making hair look realistic
- Explore how to color crepe hair
All skill levels are welcome. We do prefer you have taken Intro to FX. Please be aware latex will be used in this workshop. This workshop is $50 and is 2.5 hours.
Be sure to book early! Our workshops are taught in small groups. Each workshop has a minimum amount of students needed. If workshop does not meet that minimum by 72 hours before scheduled start the workshop will be cancelled or rescheduled. For all our polices please visit https://www.theatregarage.ca/
How does virtual workshops work?
Once you have selected which workshop you will like to attend be sure to check all the terms and conditions BEFORE booking.
You can book workshops in-person at the store, over the phone with an etranfer or online with PayPal.
Supplies and kits
After you have booked your workshop you will receive an email (can take up to 48 hrs) detailing what tools and supplies you will need for the workshop. Some workshops will need a specific kit supplied from Theatre Garage. These kits can be picked one week before the scheduled workshop during regular shop hours or shipped for $15 (please give 5 business days for shipping before workshop date).
Day of workshop
The day of the workshop you will receive a link to the workshop via ZOOM.
Be sure to have all your supplies ready for the workshop. Please note only the paid student can participate in the workshop.
You will receive 10% discount coupon code for Theatre Garage! This coupon is valid from the workshop day for 7 days. It can be used instore or online for one use each. Please check terms and conditions for each store.